Esurance is looking for a Fire and Theft Investigator to join a dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding customer experience, you'll have the opportunity to expand your skills and discover your potential.
* Handles fire, theft, vandalism and coverage issue claims requiring moderate to in-depth investigation to work files to conclusion. As needed, resolves first and third party property damage and injury claims involving coverage and liability determination.
* Works closely with special investigation unit (SIU) based on the facts gathered and developed to resolve claims and complete investigations.
* Plans, conducts and manages investigations of auto theft, fire and vandalism claims.
* Obtains detailed recorded statements with proven knowledge of investigative and interview techniques.
* Understands concepts of coverage, policy interpretation, exposure recognition and liability determination to analyze and move claims towards resolution using best practices.
* Prepares and provides written and oral communication concerning investigations.
* Utilizes insurance investigative databases (ISO, NICB) to review history and complete thorough investigations.
* Requests and reviews medical records and bills to validate injuries and accuracy of services provided.
* Ensures compliance with all applicable state regulations.
* Confirms coverage, negotiates settlement of first and third party property damage and injury claims and prepares files for transfer or subrogation referral.
* Establishes reserves and claims payments within delegated authority.
* Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
* Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and claims related software programs.
* Excellent customer services and solid negotiation skills.
* Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent education required.
* Three or more years experience in personal automobile claims handling required. Physical Demands and Work Environment: Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associated topics: adjuster, auto, automobile, bodily, claim adjuster, claim investigator, fraud, insurance, insurance adjuster, insurance investigator