Grand Canyon University promotes lifelong learning and supports this by providing a Tuition Benefit Program that offers employees the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and a graduate degree tuition free! Grand Canyon University offers a similar plan to qualifying dependents.
In addition, Grand Canyon University offers an exceptional service-based paid time off (PTO) program starting at 20 days per year. In addition, we also observe 11? paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
GCU Hotel's Canyon 49 restaurant is seeking full time line cooks. These positions will be responsible for preparation of food and presentation of all menu items/orders meeting GCU quality standards and all Standard Operating Procedures and food safety procedures. You must be able to work a flexible schedule that include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Prepare and cook food items according to Standard Operating Procedures to ensure consistent quality in either the pantry, fry or other stations in the kitchen.
* Maintain sanitation standards according to Standard Operating Procedures and FDA/OSHA requirements.
* Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
* Properly portion all items as dictated to Standard Operating Procedures/Recipe guidelines.
* Restock all items as needed throughout shift.
* Return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishable items.
* Control food waste, loss and usage per Standard Operating Procedures.
* Actively seek ways to reduce food costs.
* Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents/incidents following GCU/OSHA guidelines.
* May need to assist in other kitchen/restaurant areas as needed and requested.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Minimum one year experience; prefer 3 years' experience in high volume/demand hospitality venue.
* Must be able to have flexible schedule, early morning, weekends and holidays if needed.
* Must be able to obtain Maricopa County Food Handler's Card at one's own expense prior to beginning of employment.
* Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presented required.
* Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
* Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
* Able to work well independently with little supervision
* Promote positive relationships in communication and cooperation with all coworkers and guests
* Ability to learn the structure and function of all kitchen stations and golf course departments, facilities, rooms, activities, services and hours of operation.
* Ability to prepare and present food according to Standard Operating Procedures/Recipe guidelines.
* Ability to consistently perform during scheduled work hours.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in preparation of food, ensuring that all food is prepared according to quality procedures.
* Ability to troubleshoot and identify potential problems/issues especially during high volume/demand.
* Proficient verbal and written communication skills; must be proficient in reading and writing within the English language.
* Ability to work as a team member.
* Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
* Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
* Must be fluent in English with the ability to read and write.
* Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Associated topics: baker, banquet, cocinera, cook, cutter, dinner, kitchen, persona de parilla, restaurant assistant cook, salad
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.