The Barista prepares and sells coffee drinks, such as expresso, lattes, cappuccino, and other beverages, following standard recipes and preparation techniques. This position reports to the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
* Greet and serve guests in an energetic and friendly fashion.
* Build relationships with guests by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu, answering questions, and making beverage suggestions.
* Take orders with detailed information and consistently prepare beverages following standard recipes and presentation techniques; request clarification if needed.
* Serve beverages to guests at their tables, indoors or outdoors on the patio.
* Handle cash and card transactions, ensure charges are accurate, and return correct change to guests.
* Share creative ideas with the Food & Beverage Supervisor.
* Maintain inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stock coffee brewing equipment, and food items for the coffee bar.
* Keep equipment clean and safely operating by following operating instructions; troubleshoot breakdowns and perform preventive maintenance.
* Report needed equipment repairs to supervisor.
* Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by keeping the work area clean and organized, following all sanitation standards.
* Notice and report potential safety issues or customer concerns to a supervisor.
* Assist with team member training and maintain a supportive and friendly team environment.
* Have a working knowledge of the resort facility to encourage guests to explore other services.
* Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
* Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
* Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
* Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
* Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
* Honesty and Integrity
* Respect for the Individual
* Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
* One to three months' related experience preferred.
* Must meet the state and federal minimum age requirement for serving alcohol, if applicable.
* Current Food Handlers card.
* Ability to learn and think quickly.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide; must be able to calculate discounts and percentages.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memorandums.
* Ability to prepare beverages using bar equipment, while maintaining conversation with team members and guests, sometimes in a noisy environment.
* Ability to speak effectively and present information to another person and in small group situations with guests and team members.
* Ability to communicate positively and effectively with team members and supervisors about job tasks and responsibilities.
* Ability to contribute to a productive and friendly work environment by maintaining a positive attitude and calm demeanor in a busy environment.
* Must be self-motivated, follow direction, and able to work independently with little supervision.
* Must demonstrate initiative with an ability to think and act quickly, making independent decisions based on sound judgment.
* Must be able to pay attention to multiple details and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
* This position requires a flexible schedule, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
This position typically operates in an indoor and outdoor cafe setting, with constant computer/register and beverage equipment use. When working on the patio or outdoors, there may be exposure to outdoor weather conditions and occasionally native wildlife. Depending on the equipment, the noise level in the work environment can be moderate to loud. Outdoor environments may require walking on cement or other terrain while carrying a tray with food and beverages and navigating typical obstacles, including, but not limited to, groups of people, tables and chairs, plants and the natural landscape.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear detailed information and speak clearly and understand the speech of another person, sometimes in a noisy environment. This position is active and requires standing and walking, bending, and turning for most of a work shift; using hands to fingers, touching and holding, and reaching with hands and arms. Frequent hand washing is required. The position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or push or pull items weighing up to 20 pounds.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Associated topics: bartender, beverage, beverage service, cocktail, liquor, lounge, martini, mixologist, pool, tequila