Job Summary & Description
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. Youll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. Youll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals. Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. Youll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
As an Intern/Trainee, youll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Youll be a part of an environment that broadens your functional training, personal and technical skills, and deepens your knowledge of client services. Youll play an integral role supporting staff as needed for an outstanding variety of work and making contributions to the team on a daily basis.
An Interns role in supporting tax services to our clients as a professional in PwC's core tax practice
- Participate in select phases of tax compliance engagements;
- Research tax laws, rules and regulations and analyze their application to specific situations, and in turn, draft memorandums to defend decisions and/or outline solutions to those issues;
- Support select projects; demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative while working as a team member, building solid relationships with team members
- Proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Associated topics: analyse, analysis, business analyst, business analytic, business intelligence, forecasting, government, refine, refinement, regulation